Chateau Complex Ctěnice
The romantic chateau complex Ctěnice is an ideal destination for clients who seek peace and nature, for lovers of interesting cultural and social events. But also for cyclists and families with children.
History of the chateau: originally on the site of the chateau stood a Gothic fortress, which was rebuilt in 1550 by Mikulas Harant of Harasov into a Renaissance chateau. In the 18th century, the chateau was rebuilt in a classicist form and this form has been preserved with minor modifications to this day. The last private owner of the castle was the Viennese wholesaler and businessman Alexander Schöller. Since 1945, the castle fell into disrepair and was therefore transferred to the ownership of the City of Prague in 1993. The grounds include a castle park, outbuildings and a riding hall.